IF YOU ARE: A manufacturing facility in Salem County.
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR: A sales tax exemption for the retail sale, transmission, or distribution of electricity and natural gas.
PROGRAM DETAILS: The program provides an energy sales tax exemption for the retail sales of electricity and natural gas and their transport to manufacturing businesses in Salem County. The energy and utility services must be consumed exclusively at the facility.
- The business must be located in Salem County.
- The business must be a manufacturer.
- The business must employ at least 50 people, at least 50% of whom are directly involved in the manufacturing process.
- The business must not be in default with any other state program.
- Annual renewal applications are required 45 days prior to the expiration of the energy sales tax exemption.
Division of Taxation Tax Clearance Certificate Application Processing Fee: $75 for standard processing; $200 for expedited processing (response within three business days)
*All fees are non-refundable.