The Clean Tech R&D Voucher Program is intended to support early-stage clean tech/clean energy companies in NJ to access core facilities, equipment and makerspaces at any participating NJ University Facility or Government labs for clean energy/clean technological research and development.
The objectives of the Clean Tech R&D Voucher Program are to:
- Improve awareness, access to and utilization of New Jersey’s world-leading equipment, facilities and makerspaces
- Subsidize access to research and development equipment, facilities and makerspaces for small NJ-based companies that are developing innovative technologies in the clean energy/clean tech space
Eligible applicants can apply for multiple Vouchers up to a cap of $15,000 within any twelve (12)-month period. Approved Vouchers will be valid for a period of three (3) months (starting from date of the Voucher reservation approval letter) and any unused approved Voucher amounts will be cancelled after the three (3) month period and returned to the Program budget for future use.
Eligible Applicants can receive Vouchers to defray the costs associated with any of the following services or activities in a participating University Facility or Government labs:
- Use of Facility equipment and technicians for testing and development
- Training in preparation for independent use of the Facility equipment
The program will fund technology development projects between Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 1 (Basic Research) through TRL 7 (Integrated Pilot System Demonstrated) intended to avoid emissions of, or recapture, greenhouse gases and/or criteria pollutants, or to enable such avoidance or recapture. The following technology areas are eligible under the program:
- Chemicals/Advance Materials
- Energy Distribution/Storage
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Generation
- Green Buildings
- Waste Processing
- Water and Agriculture