Office of international Trade and Investments (OITI)
Created in support of Governor Murphy’s stronger and fairer economic agenda, the Office of International Trade and Investment (OITI) is the lead international business development office in New Jersey’s government committed to promoting the Garden State as a premier business and investment destination.
New Jersey is one of the most globally integrated states of the U.S., with over 20,000 exporters trading with more than 200 countries and ranking among the top states for international trade and foreign direct investment inflows. New Jersey also has the third most diverse population in the U.S., 22% of which is foreign-born. Learn more
Mission and objectives
Working with government and private-sector partners, OITI’s mission is to foster sustainable job growth and innovation by widening New Jersey’s global reach and supporting international trade and investment. OITI undertakes multiple initiatives with an emphasis on establishing international partnerships and attracting new investors to the State.
- Creating the State’s Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) attraction strategies;
- Liaising with the foreign diplomatic and business community in the greater New Jersey/New York region;
- Coordinating Governor-led international trade and investment missions, and organization of incoming business delegations from foreign countries;
- Designing new programs and initiatives for international company recruitment and retention;
- Participating in international trade and investment promotion events to showcase New Jersey as a leading FDI destination in the U.S.;
- Advising foreign businesses and investors on the opportunities offered by the NJEDA’s incentive programs; and introducing them to relevant State agencies and private business organizations;
- Establishing partnership agreements with international sister agencies;
- Coordinating the State’s overseas network of promotion centers.
In order to promote international trade and investment, and offer foreign investors the entire range of services they need to successfully establish their business in New Jersey, we work in close partnership with the New Jersey Department of State Business Action Center – Office of Export Promotion and with Choose New Jersey.
International Partnership Agreements
New Jersey – Israel MOU on Innovation
Memorandum of Understanding between the National Technological Innovation Authority, the State of Israel and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, an instrumentality of the State of New Jersey, on Cooperation in Technological Innovation, Industrial Research and Development. (October 21, 2018)